Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Not sure what to call this one *

So I've been sick. Really sick. Like 103 fever, almost going to the hospital sick. This has slowed the moving process some ... whatever. I'm (sort of) of better now, thanks to an antibiotic dose pack and a round of cortizone. Mmmm, cortizone. Oh yeah, I am officially the unsexiest person in the world. I'm talking about medications and illness on my blog. Just shoot me. (And before we all start playing Dr. Blogosphere, I had a throat infection, not an STD or anything icky like that. Pervs. Dirty minds. All of you.) ** On a more important note, if you are the "donatin' to good causes" kind, drop the Red Cross some scratch. (Specifically the Southeast Louisiana Chapter.) Not a lot. Buy the Red Cross a martini or two. Or dinner and a movie. I'm not trying to pressure anyone into giving money. We've all got our causes and things we focus on, whether it be volunteering in our local communities or with your church or giving to United Way at work or whatever. The details about me and where I live have been pretty sparse. Suffice it say that I have much love for New Orleans. I'm quite a fan of the city and have friends and some family there, and it breaks my charming heart to see this fantastic place having such an awful time. (I'm writing before Hurricane Katrina hits, so I don't know the extent of the damage, but New Orleanians and hurricane watchers know that everyone speaks of "The Big One" that could be TERRIBLE for New Orleans and leave it under tons of water. Basically, a direct hit by a Category 5 hurricane is what people have been fearing for years. Hurricane Katrina = Worst Case Scenario. I don't think I can make it any clearer.) Now, don't get your pretty little panties and studly boxer-briefs in a twist. I absolutely DO NOT live in the DIRECT path of this hurricane. I'm safe and wonderful (albeit it slightly groggy and sick feeling) where I am. There will be rain and wind and power outages (maybe), but nothing to worry your sweet little heads over. Thanks for caring. Really. But it's gonna take more than a hurricane to take this dating disaster off of the streets, thankyouverymuch. Do, however, send some love, e-mail, comments, prayers or kind thoughts (whatever your thing is) to this New Orleanian from my blogroll. To recap: Donating to Red Cross = Good Possible blog silence for a few days = Probable (Nothing new, right?) Thoughts/Good karma to the New Orleanians = Necessary Ciao! * I was going to make a wind/rain/thunder joke/pun/reference in the post title, but I don't like to laugh in the face of imminent danger, loss of life and destruction. ** Seriously, I'm going to get crazy people at the blog now that I've used the words "throat" and "STD" in the same post. Eeeew.


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.