Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Overwhelmed

I wish I could say that something incredible has been going on for the past week. I wish I could thrill you all with stories of my fabulousness and tales of fantastic adventures, but I'm fresh out. Truth is, I'm overwhelmed. The transition into adulthood (which is taking years for me) is not fun. And the working and the responsibilities and everything is just a bit much. But me whining about being overwhelmed is boring. Here's a story about me feeling old!

I was sitting at a sushi bar snacking on edamame and sipping pinot grigio one night this evening, feeling a touch tipsy and kind of cute. Our server was flirting with us to increase his tip and we were flirting back to improve our service. As we watched the bustling kitchen and all of the chefs making sushi, we noticed a very attractive chef in the back. He was nice and tall and had this fantastic smile and great dimples. I kept making eye contact and my friend joked that he was probably really young. She told the server I thought this guy was cute, and OF COURSE the server told the cutie. I was mortified as he walked over, smiled and said, "I am NOT 19." I giggled and asked how old he was. He was so proud to announce that he was 21. Dear God, I felt like a pedophile!
Questions answered soon, I swear. (And The Dummy better stop tapping his foot, because he KNOWS as well as the rest of you do that I have to get my manicure and brow waxing done first!)


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.