Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Trying to tell me something ...

I am paying someone to attempt to set me up with guys I already know. This week, my potential matches by e-mail included four guys that I already know. One of them was B’s roommate. One of them I used to have a crush on years ago … until I actually spoke to him. (I am not the only woman I know who has had a similar experience with this guy.) The others are friends of friends. And when the Web sites themselves aren’t doing it, the guys are. The most recent, “Hey, don’t I know you?” guy is a friend of Party Girl’s boyfriend. I recognized him immediately from a few social occasions and sent her his picture to confer. She confirmed that it was him, gave glowing reviews (works in architecture, responsible, fun, very friendly) and was insistent that I e-mail him back. Part of me thinks that she has slightly ulterior motives to all of this. Her boyfriend has a huge pack of guyfriends with which he does pretty much everything. And so she’d like to have a female friend around for the marathon of tailgating and grilling out and drinking. So, I wrote him a message. Just a quick, “Nice to hear from you, here is my e-mail and screen name.” I was about to send it and I stopped. I added a note at the end that only someone who knew his group of friends would know. Stalkerish and creepy or cute and coy? I’ll let him decide. I sent it and smiled. Can it be a coincidence that guys who would otherwise have a way to connect with me have flirted with me this way? I guess we’ll see.


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.