Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

I have reached a new low in online dating.

A guy who went out with my college roommate WHILE we were living together just sent me a message with his screen names talking about how he loved learning about me and wanted to talk to me and said, "You worked at [Name of College Job], right?"

Thinking about writing back:

"Yes, I did work at [Name of College Job]. That's where we met. Coincidentally, it is also where you met [Name of College Roommate] , who also worked at [Name of College Job] and, coincidentally, lived with me while we both worked at [Name of College Job] and while you took [Name of College Roommate] out on [Number] of dates to [List of Places]."

I'll have to confirm the details of their dating history with College Roommate. They were hardly an item, but they definitely went on some actual dates and there may have even been some flowers involved.

I am starting to become quite concerned that I may come across as not interested in dating or standoffish. This is the second guy who has actually met me before who hit on one of the my friends in the past and now is flirting with me via a personals site.

I don't do sloppy seconds.


I feel fun and flirtatious and sexy and outgoing when I go out on the town. Are guys not getting it? Am I turning men off somehow in person, so much so that they only realize that I'm a single, dating lady when they stumble across my personal ad?

Perhaps I'm giving off the wrong impression in person.

Perhaps -- dare I say it -- I'm not as charming as I think I am?


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.