Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Bad form

So, I got an e-mail from a guy I was totally taken with several years ago. It was terrible and sad because I was so smitten and I denied it forever. And he was unavailable and he was taken and it would never ever work out, and he knew how I felt and he loved it and got off on it. Jerk. We hadn't spoken or e-mailed in years. Like, at least two. He doesn't live here and he hasn't been on my radar. He wanted to know how I weathered Katrina, so he e-mailed, which was nice of him. He said he'd been thinking about me and my family. All very nice and appropriate. I've been getting similar e-mails from people. It is nice to know that people, even those you aren't close with anymore, do think about you during a rough time. He gave me a short update about his career and his life and then casually mentioned that he was planning on asking his girlfriend to marry him soon. He closed by saying that life was going "fantastic" for him and he hoped it was going to same for me. Look, I know it is rough to send someone an e-mail asking if they're alive or under 15 feet of floodwater. I wouldn't know what to say either. And for all he knew I had moved far far away from the Gulf Coast and was terribly safe and the idle chit-chat about jobs and impending engagements would serve as a nice chance to catch up with an old friend. The converse is also true. For all he knew I had moved into downtown New Orleans and had lost everything. We hadn't talked in two years and he's off of my "new phone number/address" e-mail list. But an e-mail that essentially says, "Hope you didn't die in the storm, I'm getting married!" is a bit of a shock to the system. I'm annoyed and pissed off and the fact that I'm annoyed and pissed off just makes me MORE annoyed and pissed off. So, jury of my peers, am I overreacting? Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit out of line?


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.