Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Online Dating Day 1: This is supposed to make me feel hot?

From S: Ok, I am going to hold you all personally responsible if this online dating stuff doesn't work. I'm in free trial mode now, but if this turns out to be a disaster, I'm putting up a PayPal and y'all can pay for it! 'Cause really, I'm doing this for all of you poor souls who must get bored with my nondating dating blog. A small sampling of the men I've attracted (and rejected):

  • Two men with very limited use of the English language (One from California, the other from Africa)
  • A 51 year old with a prominent picture of him in his convertable (Mid life crisis much?)
  • A 19 year old who lives in the middle of the woods, but is "very interested" in me
  • A 21 year old who doesn't like "the club scene," doesn't drink and wants to go on long walks in a park
  • Many men who use animated emoticons
  • A 38 year old who is making kissy-faces in his profile picture
  • Several guys who've listed "NASCAR" as an interest
  • Several men in their mid-to-late forties
And I'm a little concerned about one of these sites, where I got 20 "winks" without even finishing my profile or posting a picture. Uh, ew. I know you have to kiss a lot of toads or whatever, but this is a bit much, no? Outcomes:
  • Responded to one e-mail out of more than I can count; sent him my e-mail address. He's already messaged back that he's e-mailing me there.
  • Sent one (hopefully witty!) message to an academic-type guy who caught my eye.
  • Both of these guys are older than 30. Because I've had such a great track record with the over 30s lately, right?


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.