Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Tick tick tick

"I just think it would be fun to have a baby," I said after a glass of wine and two margaritas. I cradled an imaginary child in my arms in the space between me and the bar, showing off just how fun parenthood would be.

 

B raised his eyebrows and gave me a funny look.

 

"Well, not NOW," I shot back. "But don't you ever think that maybe it's time to have a baby and a house with a picket fence?"

 

B looked even more confused as to what possessed me to have serious baby talk at a bar. I asked if his biological clock had started ticking yet.

 

"Um, well, I've never really thought about it …" he stammered.

 

"I don't mean have a baby with YOU," I said forcefully, my drunkenness showing.

 

I sipped my margarita and repeated my original sentiment.

 

"I just think it would be fun to have a baby," I said.

 

"It's fun to go out drinking like this," he said.

 

He punctuated this thought with a sip of his Top Shelf on the Rocks before he continued.

 

"I mean, when I think of things that are fun, I think its fun to have a PARTY."


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.