Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Happy, but maybe a bit clueless

Some days, like a few days ago, you wait. And it kills you. And you feel that if you have to wait any longer, you will go nuts. And you question if being an adult is worth it and you stress. The phone doesn't ring. The e-mail never comes.

 

And then some days, like today, when you don't have to wait on good news, when it just comes, you are so happy that your chest wells up with pride. Because you did it – you saw what you wanted and you got it. And even though change is scary and I ultimately feel like both celebrating and running to the bathroom because I'm so nervous I could vomit, I am accomplished and hopeful. I've worked hard for the career I want and the reward is more (and harder) work.

 

This is when I like being an adult. Very much so.

 

At lunch, I wanted to scream my good news, but I was with co-workers and the time is not right. Not yet.

 

I was munching on my salad when Little Mr. Small Town walked in and joined a table of women. They seemed to be meeting about work. As I stood by the register later, our eyes met and he smiled. We exchanged hellos, but I was fearful of going over to say something. What if he didn't remember who I was and just recognized that he'd met me before?

 

So I just smiled, slid on my big glam sunglasses and gave a flirty wave as I left.

 

I gave the women from work, all married, the story of him giving me his business card.

 

"He probably thinks I was rude to not call."

 

They burst into protest, wondering why I didn't call him.

 

"I don't know, I don't get the card thing," I said. "All of the sudden giving out your business card at bars is the new black."

 

They shook their collective heads.

 

"No wonder you're still single," someone said.


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.