Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Driving is scary

So, the world almost lost a very Charming Single Girl tonight. I spent the evening having drinks with pals. I was very careful to drink very little, as I am housesitting quite a ways out of the city and knew I'd have a bit of a drive ahead of me. I leave the bar, grab a meatless chalupa from Taco Bell ('cause, you know nothing tastes like Taco Bell at 2:30 a.m.) and hop on the Interstate and head to the house. I'm trucking along, singing backing vocals for Ms. Joss Stone when I see headlights coming toward me. I am understandably confused. I'm not driving on some piddly two-lane highway in the backwoods. I'm on the freaking four-lane Interstate, which not surprisingly has a WALL that keeps the four lanes of eastbound traffic away from the four lanes of westbound traffic. Or so I thought. It takes about 30 seconds for me to realize that someone is coming straight at me, driving the wrong way down the Interstate. After the initial shock wore off, I dug in my brain to remember back to driver's ed. This subject was DEFINITELY not covered. So, it's 2:30 in the morning, and all of the cars around me are going at least 75 miles per hour and I don't have time to think now, because I wasted all of it trying to comprehend that a car was, in fact, flying toward me intending to collide with me in a situation that was sure to end in someone's death. I wasn't in any mood to find out whose. I jerked my wheel and my car glided to the right, missing the car by maybe a few feet and thankfully not swiping a neighboring car. My first reaction was to stop my car, rest my head on the steering wheel and cry from the sheer horror of it all, but I quickly remembered that I was driving 75 miles per hour on the Interstate and was probably all of out of driving miracles for the day. I arrived to the house without further incident, choked down part of a calupa (cause I'm a bit shaken up now) and I'm heading to bed. I'm thinking I probably should have called the police, but it was all I could do to keep driving. I'd had enough near-death experiences for one night. Sigh. It was a fun night otherwise. (Also, I smoked a cigarette. Rather, I smoked three cigarettes, all before the near-fatal almost car crash. But you can't be mad at me, because I almost DIED tonight. And I threw away the pack and my matches and I'm sure I'm going to feel like hell in the morning. Isn't that punishment enough?)


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.