Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Mix CD Madness

So, I haven't finished writing my Weekend Update. Just not feeling tres creative at the moment. So I'm starting a lameo game instead. (But only because I like to see what music people listen to.) I was making mix CDs because my traffic music blows. I'll post my list and then you post yours. The rules:

  • Start with a song you use to get amped for going out (Did I just use the word amped?)
  • Include at least one of the following:
    • Song that was released this year
    • Song that really doesn't fit at all
    • A country song
    • Song by an artist you listened to in high school
    • A cheesy love song
    • A silly song
    • Something that makes you dance in your chair
    • Song you are embarrassed to like
    • Song you see as an anthem
    • Song you can't figure out how you came to like/have
    • Song you just discovered this week
  • Close with a song about ending
  • The other songs are up to you
  • Your CD must be at least 15 songs and can't be any longer than 20 songs
  • Only pick songs you'd actually listen to
  • The songs can't be used for more than one category
My mix:
  • "In These Shoes?" by Kirsty MacColl
  • "Something to Be" by Rob Thomas (released this year)
  • "Breathe (2 a.m.)" by Anna Nalick (discovered this week)
  • "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior (makes me dance in my chair)
  • "Bruised" by the Bens
  • "Unprodigal Daughter" by Alanis Morissette (have loved her since high school) (shut up)
  • "Back to You" by John Mayer
  • "The Chance" by Julie Roberts (country)
  • "One in a Million" by Charlie Robison (silly)
  • "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban (cheesy love song)
  • "Part-Time Lover" by Stevie Wonder (doesn't fit)
  • "Damaged" by TLC (can't figure out how it got on my computer)
  • "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flats (am soooo embarrassed that I like this)
  • "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Acoustic)" by U2
  • "Right to be Wrong" by Joss Stone (Anthem!)
  • "Southern Girl" by Better than Ezra
  • "You Were Always on my Mind" by Willie Nelson
  • "That's Life" by Frank Sinatra
Obviously, you can have more than one of any kind of song. Also, do some wild cards. How dorky am I, beating lacking creative juices with silliness. (Seriously, if you don't do it, I will, like, cry. And you don't want to make me cry, do ya?)


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.