Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Weekend Update -- The "My weekend was so uneventful that I can write this before it even ends" edition

The title kind of speaks for itself. I had a pretty boring weekend as far as my social life goes. However, I did get to relax a lot. (I slept until almost 9 today, which is a huge advancement.) Friday: My brother and his girlfriend both had birthdays this week, so we had a big family dinner thing Friday night. It was a blast. Many beers and glasses of wine were had and the weather was nice, so we all ate outside at my parent's house on the deck. It was very relaxed and nice. I had planned to hang out with some people after, but I was tired, so I went to sleep around 10:30 p.m. Saturday: Woke up around 7:30 a.m. Cursed my inability to sleep in anymore, but got up anyway. Went shopping with my mom, because she needed some help picking out an outfit for a luncheon. I teased her relentlessly because she shops in a terrible way that is not conducive to finding the right outfit. She only tries on things she knows she will like and she only likes about three things in every huge-ass department store. Needless to say, I had to get her to break out of the box a little bit as far as color and style and fabric and pretty much everything else. We found her a cute outfit and I finally bought a black everyday purse that I love love love. And I got a free lunch out of the deal. Not bad. Cooked a big dinner and cleaned a bunch of veggies and such for the week. Watched some basketball and made some plans to go out. I was finishing my makeup when my girlfriend (Birthday Girl!) called with change of plans. By the hesitation in her voice, I knew she knew that I was going to hate the change of plans. I did. There are certain restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. where I just do not like to go. Either I've been there and didn't have a good time or I don't particularly like the location (30 minutes from my house, through a not-so-safe neighborhood, etc.) or I'm not a big fan of the people there or I just don't like the damn place. I am 25 years old, and I do not feel like I should have to go somewhere I dislike just because other people want to. Ten of my friends are going to be there? Good, then no one will notice that I'm not. I am not heartless. Had this been someone's birthday or a special occasion or something, I would have gone. Had my girlfriend even asked me really really really nicely to go, or had it been terribly important that I be there, then I might have gone to this bar. But I wasn't dragging my cutely made up self to a bar where only underaged country bumpkins and sleazoids go. (Also, it is far, far away.) I wouldn't have a good time, I would have been pissed all night and my bad attitude would have pissed others off. Why bother going? So, girlfriend got really pissed. She told me she originally wasn't going to tell me about the venue change. She was just going to let me get to her house and then be like, "Oh yeah, we're going to [insert crappy bar's name] instead!" (Which would have been uber mature.) I apologized and said I wouldn't be joining her. (The people we were going with were her friends and not mine anyway.) I explained that I didn't like the bar and that I didn't feel like paying to go somewhere when I knew I wasn't going to have fun. She was a bit upset, but I didn't budge. I am an adult and no one can make me go somewhere I don't want to go. As I was telling her that I hope she had fun, I heard a click. She hung up on me. So not cool. So, I called around and joined some friends for drinks and someone's house. I didn't have a bad time, I just didn't have a really good time, so I went home early and watched that silly Lizzie Grubman PR reality show and wondered if my budget at work includes money for a red carpet. Also, some boy spilled beer on my skirt and didn't really apologize, which annoyed me. I wasn't expecting money for the dry cleaner, just, you know, a nice, "I'm sorry!" Blah. Sunday: Slept until 9 a.m. Was very excited. Ran some errands, bought a wedding present and groceries. Am about to go hang out with friends and watch more basketball. Have big going out plans for next week. Looking forward to some fun times. (Am taking applications for position of S's object of flirtation at big birthday celebration Saturday night. Must be intelligent, well-spoken, tall, cuddly and -- of course -- charming and single. Submit applications here.) Have a great week!


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.