A few things:
- I have disabled anonymous comments. I have my reasons. I am terribly sorry to people who want to comment anonymously. Perhaps you should consider getting a Blogger username. (With Blogger Beta, I think you can even use a Gmail account.) Anonymous commenters who have issues with this policy can e-mail me and tell me how lovely I am directly.
- I want a life coach. Being sick, I watched a lot of “Made” on MTV. Those kids all did amazing things with the help of their life coaches. (Ok, fine, cheerleading coaches. But the damn show isn’t about being a beauty queen anyway.) (Also, I want to be a cheerleader.)
- I just got off of the phone with my salon and I think they think I’m nuts. Because I was scheduling my haircut and brow wax and I’ve been going to two locations because I liked the waxer at one and the colorist at another and now I’m not doing color anymore, so I am consolidating my services to one location and the woman I spoke with was like, “So, you want an eyebrow wax with [Waxer] and you don’t care who cuts your hair?” like I was crazy choosing my Brow Artist over my Hair Trimmer. And maybe I am. But I’ve been growing my hair out for months and I really just need someone with steady hands to trims off about an inch and shape my bangs. I wear it back to work most days anyway. My eyebrows, on the other hand, need special love and attention.
- Also, does anyone else’s salon make them fill out a medical form before getting a brow wax? This is a new thing my salon has implemented. I have to list my medications and allergies on a slip of paper before each brow waxing. I guess someone must’ve had a Bad Wax Reaction. Weird. I also have to sign the form. Perhaps I should have my lawyer look it over.
- I have a date next week, I think. He asked me to get margaritas after work one night and I asked what days he was free and he said, “All of them.” We’ll see.
- My friend the Social Worker started working at the hospital where The Nurse works. We joked that she might run into him and quickly dismissed this prospect, because it seemed highly unlikely that she’d interact with him. She worked in his service and ran into him on the FIRST DAY. Hah. She said via e-mail that we needed to have a serious talk because, “you are much better than that very terrible man.” I love my friends.
- Also, I would like to thank Crazy for calling me at 2 a.m., letting the phone ring and then hanging up. I certainly appreciated having my sleep disrupted.