Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


I don’t think another drink’s gonna make me lose my mind

 Just in case you were wondering, according to the nonscientific (yet very essential) Web research I just did, an ounce of vodka contains 82 calories. So, I'm wondering how many ounces of vodka I can have if I skip my afternoon snack and dinner.

 

(I am so totally joking, I know about balanced meals and moderate alcohol consumption, so chill out.)

 

I had planned to stay in and take the "spoon full of sugar" approach to housework and general beauty maintenance. You know, pop music while I clean my kitchen and vacuum, wine (literally only my third glass this year, I think) while I relax in a moisture-rich bath soak with a refreshing, pore-cleansing face masque, fresh juicy blackberries while I strap on some moisturizing socks for my tosies and warm mint tea before I drift into blissful sleep that will not be interrupted by a 5:30 a.m. alarm. This plan sounded blissful and satisfying. I was really looking forward to an evening with me and things that smelled good and made me feel scrubbed clean, polished and gleaming.

 

Then, I went to work this morning.

 

And after sorting through e-mails, prioritizing my work for next week and gazing at stacks of paper and piles of "unfinished project" folders, I realized that while a whole evening of relaxing and eating spring mix greens and butternut squash fries (recipe via www.hungry-girl.com and so yummy!) sounded nice, what I really wanted was a break from calorie counting and regimes and wellness.

 

What I really wanted was a nice stiff drink.

 

So, tonight, I'll make it a double. With a splash of misbehavin' and a twist of lime please!


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.