Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Not exactly what you want to hear ...

I was browsing in a store yesterday. I had gone shopping to buy a cute jacket I had seen online, but when I tried it on I looked like a linebacker. Not a flattering shape on me at all. At all. I stopped by the accessories before I left the store. I was looking at earrings and necklaces when a loud woman and a man came over to look at accessories as well. She would pick something off of the rack, hold it up and loudly ask his opinion. He'd loudly answer and she'd put whatever she was holding back. I had picked up a pair of coral-colored beaded earrings and was contemplating if they'd work with a shirt I have while the loud couple continued their shopping. I finally decided against the earrings and went to put them up, which unfortunately meant I had to come between the loud lady and the accessories. I was annoyed by her unwillingness to let me by and their loudness, so I slid my hand past her, and was pretty short as I said "Excuse me" and then walked over to the sunglasses. (Sidenote: My heart is totally broken that I can't buy some huge fabulous sunglasses this year, but I invested $100 in prescription sunglasses a few months ago, and they've made my life so much better and my driving more pleasant, but still ... sigh.) So I'm looking over sunglasses and such when I hear the loud couple talking about me. (They greatly overestimated their whispering skills.) It became pretty clear that I had wrongly assumed that they were a couple. The man was clearly using this shopping excursion to check out women under the guise of helping his female friend shop. I kept my head down while they talked about me. She asked him what he thought of me and he said, and I quote, "She's cute, but she looks mean." My head snapped up, rather involuntarily, and our eyes met. He gave me this, "Yeah, I was talking about you" look and I kind of rolled my eyes and moved over to another section of the store. Sigh ... I'm even started to LOOK like a hermit to other people. I'm going back to my cave to be alone.


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.