Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


I'm so meta it hurts

So I was looking at my site stats. They are paltry compared to some people's. To me, however, I've had about 1340 more visitors than I ever thought I'd get. I literally only slapped a counter on this thing because I got a random comment, which freaked me out. How could someone have found my blog, I wondered ... and then realized it was from the Blogger site. The counter was to ensure this didn't get out of control and to watch and make sure no too-close-to-home IPs popped up. I registered for some of those blog-surfing sites and did a few recipro links ... and it's funny, because I never thought anyone would ever comment or read or bookmark this blog. I'm a touch scared ... I mean, shit, now there's all this pressure to go on dates and such. (And I've been in such a drought too! Imagine if I never had another date! I would let down my seven readers. You would all be so disappointed if I ended up becoming the ubiquitous creepy cat lady who lives down the street!) It's crazy. Imagine how I'd feel if I got a large amount of traffic. Like, more than 50 hits a day. I'm shaking. This is starting to sound like one of those aw-shucks posts where a blogger is like, "I'm so itty-bitty and insignificant" in a fishing-for-comments sort of way. I didn't intend it to be. I was just thinking about blogging and how it can go either way -- it can either be a solitary venture or a communal one. I'll keep you posted on which one I like better. My favorite thing to look at is what search terms lead people here. There's this one person (You know who you are.) who must not know how to bookmark, because he/she constantly searches "charmingbutsingle" in Google to find the site. (There's actually more than one person who does that, come to think of it.) I've gotten some hits off of the term "sexual positions" and some hits off of some of the designers I talk about (Enzo!), but today I got the funniest hit ever. Someone searched for "Paris Hilton perfume" in Google and ended up here. I tried to duplicate the search, but without quotes I got more than 600,000 results and with quotes I got more than 2,000. So, to the cutie pie who ended here by searching through 50 pages of search results for that stinky Paris Hilton perfume, I say, "Welcome." Now get your smelly ass away from my virtual Manolo!


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.