Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Day of fabulousness a success

Back from being fabulous and fun. Had quite a successful venture. Scratched the manicure, as the shop double-booked my manicurist and I didn't feel like waiting. I'll get a manicure another time. Shopping was VERY kickass. I tried on half of the mall and ended up with a new black skirt and very fun bright pink skirt, two cute stretchy tees with a neat neckline, chocolate brown work pants and two button down shirts, one pink and one lavender. And a light blue bra with pink lace straps -- which isn't really my style (I'm the queen of the black bra and normally abhor lace.) I should have bought the matching panties. I am a fool. That's a lot of clothes. Most of them were on sale, which was nice. I decided to just go ahead and buy a ton of clothes now, when I can afford it, rather than running to the mall to buy something every time I have a dressy brunch or a bridal shower or something. I always end up spending so much money that way, because when you're in a bind clotheswise, nothing that's on sale ever fits. I always end up spending twice as much as I want to spend because I'm in a hurry and frantic. And I NEVER like what I end up buying. Yes, I am just as neurotic in my shopping life as I am in my dating life. I found the perfect black everyday purse, but I had already spent quite a bit of money on clothes, so I it couldn't come home with me. I was quite upset. (It cried, too.) So, you know, nice day. The shopping was actually pretty relaxing, compared to my hellish work week, which included two out-of-town meetings and enough in-town obnoxiousness to cause me to be asleep in bed by 11 p.m. on Friday night. Am going out with friends tonight, because I'm totally one of those people who wears her new clothes as soon as they're bought. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a mint julep face masque to attend to.


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.