Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Twice in three days

He called again tonight. I was almost speechless when I looked at the caller ID. We talked for about 25 minutes again. He asked when my bedtime was, and I couldn't tell if that was a hint that he wanted me to come over. I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. to leave with my boss and my boss' boss to go to a meeting two hours away, so I couldn't have gone even if he had blatantly asked. Still ... The most frustrating thing is that he still hasn't asked me out. And it's driving me crazy. Calling and e-mailing me has to mean he likes me ... so why doesn't he just do it? I mean, I don't bite (unless provoked or encouraged). He did one thing that annoyed me. He brought up this girl who is friends with my friend. She and T made out at a party one time. And then she slept with his good friend. So, anyway, I was annoyed that he asked if I went out with her, and I tried to reply without sounding bitchy. (I don't think that worked.) Anyway, I think I'm going to call him Wednesday before we go out for drinks to see if I can encourage him to come have one with me, even though he's pretty much said no to going out during the week. We'll see. Maybe if I sort of kind of ask him out (but not really), he'll get the picture that I like him a lot. I don't know why I'm so freaked out by all of this. It's been so long since I did the traditional courting thing. I know T is typically more traditional and conservative than he's been with me, so the best I can hope is that he's trying to bring this back to his pace of things, which seems to be less about hooking up and more about traditional dating. But really, why is this so odd? A guy I like is calling me and talking to me about my day and my life. He's asking about what books I'm reading. He wants to know what I think about things. This is actually what I've been saying I wanted ... Why the hell does it feel so weird?


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.