Charming, but single

A journal in dates and drinks


Charming commits a big faux pas

So, this afternoon I was chatting with a Coworker and Her Boss about a guy we work with. Everyone jokes that the guy likes my Coworker. It's friendly ribbing as he's happily married. Her Boss was gossiping and I joked over the cubicle wall and I said, "“Well [Coworker], I'’d say go for it, but you'’ve got that great fiance at home." "“Well, no fiance at home anymore, but I'm still not interested,"” she said. I almost fell out of my chair. She had only recently gotten engaged (a couple of months ago), she had shown off her very pretty ring and they'’d moved in together. Literally two weeks ago she called him her fiance in conversation. "I am SO SORRY. I had NO IDEA,"” I stammered. "Oh, well, yeah. I just hadn'’t told anyone yet,"” she said calmly. So yes, I outed someone's failed engagement IN FRONT OF HER BOSS and soon all of the office will know. She is very even tempered and seemed to take it in stride. It was the end of the day and as she headed to the copying machine, I grabbed my purse, ducked out and headed to the gym. I feel like I should really apologize again, but I'’m worried that bringing it up will only make the situation worse. If the situation were reversed, I'd hardly want the entire office discussing my status. I had no way of knowing she wasn't engaged anymore, but I still feel absolutely horrible about the crass way in which the truth came out. Do I not bring it up? Bake her brownies? Get a new job so neither of us ever have to deal with the awkwardness again?


Charming, but single is 25 26 27(!), lives in the Southern part of the U.S.A. and likes both her drinks and her boys tall. E-mail (listed below) her and she may respond. You can also IM her in AIM/AOL. (If she ever remembers to sign on.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Former taglines of this blog: "A Journal in Dates and Drinks" and "A Dateless Journal of Drinking."




Those Particulars
Some Backstory
Memories of the Way We Were
Updates and Towel Snapping
One Year Wrap-Up
Just As She Is
An Open Letter to Myself
After 26 years, she HAS learned something
An Open Letter to the Men Who Message Me Through Match
Sharing a smoke



Associated Content Interview with Charming
The Hindu: Blog Sisters are here

Links (Updated!)



XML



I'm a C-list Blogebrity





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates




Web Counters
Who links to me?






© 2006 Charming, but single | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.